Atkins’ Hospitality Elimination Regatta Saturday August 22, 2015
Maggie & Neil Atkins will be hosting their Annual Hospitality Elimination Regatta which will include great company, a great meal and drinks for all. The address is 4314 Deep Run Canandaigua, NY 14424. This is just off of East Lake Rd.
The regatta will begin promptly at 12 Noon off the south dock at CYC. A starting line will be set and the start may be upwind or down depending on the wind direction that day. If you do not wish to race across the lake but would like to participate in the elimination rounds you will need to arrive at the Atkins’ home by 2PM. If you are a fleet member in good standing and would just like to attend the party you are asked to arrive by 5PM for all the festivities and awards.
There is no participation fee for this regatta, but please RSVP by Tuesday August 18th to Maggie at firstname.lastname@example.org or Admiral Nelson at email@example.com so that we know how many Sailors to expect.
If you are planning on attending and would like to contribute by bringing an appetizer, a specialty dish, or desert please inform Maggie at (585) 396-9973 or firstname.lastname@example.org to help coordinate her efforts.
- You are required to have a chase boat to follow your RC across the lake. If you do not have one -Please let us know prior to Thurs August 20th so we can help. We will make every effort to find you a boat or help you team up with another chase boat.
- A finish line will be set somewhere close to the Atkin’s dock which you will be required to pass through in order to finish the race across the lake.
- If you have been awarded a handicap in our regular series racing you may continue to use it at the start of the race across the lake. If you have not been awarded a handicap you may not petition for one.
- Racing from CYC to Maggie & Neils home will determine your placement for the next round i.e. (1, 2, 3, 4, etc). (If your boat wins the across the lake race you are guaranteed at least second place. You may rest until your challenger has been determined through elimination). If you do not race across, you may still participate in the regatta by bringing your boat by car to their home or using a boat already on location. You will be placed at the bottom and will have to earn your way to the top. Those that do not race across the lake will race by drawing names with the winner moving on to the next elimination round. This will continue until only one remains. This boat will then race against the lowest placed boat of those that did race across the lake. The winner will progress to the next round until a winner is determined. If by chance no boats complete the race across all racers will be at the bottom and elimination for all will be by drawing names.
- A course will be set to the approval of this year’s race committee and a race will consist of a minimum of 4 legs (2 laps).
- Racing will end by completing the elimination races or when the hosts ( Maggie & Neil ) determine it is time for all of us to leave. If all the elimination races have not been completed at that time the order of finish will be whatever your placement was at the time races were cancelled.
- The very coveted 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (gold, silver, Bronze) place awards will be presented to those who will have earned their place in history.
These races will not be included in the Overall High Point Series or Fall Series, but it would be a shame not to participate…Hope to see you there!